Tuesday 18 March 2014

Dream Catchers

I've always thought dream catchers were beautiful but I never thought of trying to make one my self, I always just oogled at ones I saw at festivals and markets. Then one day my brother learned how to make them. After months of bugging him, he finally taught me how to make them. I'll be honest and let you know that patience is definitely needed to make these. But once you get the hang of it they get easier to make and you can explore with different styles, sizes and patterns. Dream catchers are great gift ideas (I personally think so :) ) and they look awesome.

Dreamcatchers are said to keep all bad dreams in its web through the night, vanishing when the sun comes up and letting good dream pass through, down the feather and to the sleeper. 

Here are some pictures of ones personally made by my brother.

Key Chain Size

The materials for this one comes pre packaged at dollarama.







Materials needed:

Metal or wood hoop (your choice on size)
Suede cord
Cord string
Feathers
Beads
Scissors
Leather Adhesive (or tying knots can suffice)

So here is a really funny and informative tutorial on how to make dream catchers. Just a warning, you do need patience and a sense of humour to watch this video. It is the best one that I found though and I do recommend it! Enjoy!

Click here to watch the tutorial on how to make a dreamcatcher!






No comments:

Post a Comment